Friday, June 15, 2012

The Language of Flowers

What's your favourite flower ? Find the meaning of your favourite flower.Then ask your family and friends for  their favourite flowers and tell them what they mean. ( From an 18th century encyclopedia). 

   
   Begonia

    Meaning:  friendliness.

    What they say: I am a sincere friend.

     
      Heather (brezo)
     
      Meaning:  strength.

      What they say: I am very strong-willed.

                 

                 Thistle  (cardo)

                 Meaning:  difficulties.

                 What they say:  my future will not be easy .    



         
       Daffodil (narciso)
     
       Meaning:  sadness.

       What they say:  Why does love not last ?.

       Sunflower (girasol )



       Meaning:  wonder, surprise.

     
       What they say: I only see the one I love and no one else.



                  
                   Hyacinth ( jacinto)

                   
                   Meaning : happy heart.


                  What they say: I am happily in love.

      Mimosa

      Meaning :security.


      What they say: Nobody knows I love someone.


         Rose

         Meaning: love.

         What they say: I am waiting for my love. 
                                My love is beautiful.
                                My love is a promise.


     
        Marigold ( caléndula) 

       Meaning: grief ( pena,dolor, pesar )

       What they say:  I am sad far from my loved one.


No comments: