Monday, July 9, 2012

You Can’t Say No Forever


Every year, Estrella Damm’s summer advertising campaign, features  an idyllic, youthful commercial with a catchy song. This year’s song is called You Can’t Say No Forever by the Swedish group, Lacrosse. Below, is the Estrella’s commercial with the Serra Tramuntana, recently named a World Heritage Site, in Mallorca as the backdrop.  Further below are the lyrics and the band’s official 2008 video.



There are still some things I’d like to say to you
Some things you should see
but since we're not that close no more
I’m gonna have to let it be [1]

Although it’s really annoying,
and is bugging [2] me a lot
I'm just gonna be quiet,
and maybe you will work it out - but i doubt it

You cant say no forever, no no no,
sometimes you should let it slide [3], ah ah ah aaaah,
I know I’m not so clever [4], no no no no,
but you’re not the picky [5] kind.

Sometimes when I call you,
I just feel like hanging up [6]
You’re not getting any older
and it never seems to stop.

Now if I was you’re boyfriend/girlfriend,
I would tell you all of this
But since we’re not together
I’m not saying anything at all

You cant say no forever, no no no,
you have to let me in, ah ah ah aaaah,
You are really stubborn [7], no no no no,
but in the end I always win

Badadaaddadaddadaaaaaaa bada da ba da da

[1] dejarlo estar, [2] fastidiando, [3] haz que te resbale, [4] listo, [5] quisquilloso, [6] colgar, [7] tozudo


No comments: