Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Amy Winehouse .

Amy Winehouse  was found dead at home in Camden, North London at 4p.m last Saturday . The  British singer was 27 years old. Medic's said she had been dead for several hours.
The star will be remembered as the best singer-songwriter of her generation creating tracks (pistas) like Rehab,Love is a Loving Game and Back to Black.  Gordon Smart editor of "The Sun" said : "Her death is one of the darkest days in British music. A  talent lost to addiction. A shock- but not a surprise."

Watch a video of the singer,then 18, celebrating her first deal (contrato) in 2002. The film was shot by  East London cabbie (taxista) Russell Dalton in his taxi : "I asked if  I could film her. She didn't mind at all (no le importó en absoluto) and started telling me about her songs and how she had bought a new guitar to celebrate her deal. You could tell she had star quality. She was so innocent, happy and full of beans (llena de energia) ...But she  was also very modest . That's how I'll remember her."  May she rest in peace.



Script
Amy-My name is A-m-yy !
Taxi driver- Amy who?
A- Amy Winehouse.
T- You're gonna be(going to be) a top singer, are you?
A-I don't know.
T-You sang today?
A- I didn't sing it today
T-You wrote today.
A- I think,.it is called "We Both Know".
T- "We Both Know" Ok.I look forward to hearing it.
T-Amy, you bought a nice guitar today,yeah,,  Let's have a look.oh yes ! Is that your first guitar?
A- No, it's my third guitar.
T- You are going to be stowing away tonight.
A-Yes, I have to finish the song for tonight.
T-Amy,It has been very nice to have you as my customer..
A-What's your name ?
T-Russ.
A-Russs.
T-Nice to meet you...Thanks for the tip (propina) .There's your receipt...and my tip to you is stay cool because you are very cool.
A-Thank you.
T_Cheers,bye,bye.

2 comments:

Maria said...

"A shock, not a surprise" I totally agree this comment.
It's a real bad new for the music world, specially for Brithish music. One of the best voices we had heard stopped to sing on past Saturday.

Was Amy guilty? In a big part, yes ,she was. She decided to take her first pill, to spent money on drugs...but with time she became a "junkie". She wasn't able to decide what she was doing right or wrong...

This is one of the most difficult topics to talk about.
Rest in peace.

Unknown said...

Poor Amy :(