Thursday, November 4, 2010

Someone stole my bike !!!

Yes, someone stole my bike last Friday. I had chained my bike to one of the cycle racks in front of the office and when I left work... it was gone ! &%?Ç@# ! They broke the lock and I was really, really upset.
Has this ever happened to you? How did you feel? What did you do?
Listen to these people talking about their experiences. Don't forget to check the vocabulary first !

chain (noun) = cadena
chain (verb) = encadenar
cycle rack(UK)/ bike rack (USA) = aparcamiento para bicicletas
lock (noun) = candado
break the lock = forzar el candado
lock( verb) = cerrar con llave
fit out (phrasal verb) = equipar
you know= sabes. Se utiliza al hablar para hacer tiempo mientras piensas lo siguiente que vas a decir .




(script)
I had just spent about 400 dollars having this beautiful bike fitted out . I had chained it with this ginourmous kriptonite lock. I think I left it a little longer than usual. Maybe an overnight stay. When I came back only the lock remained. (ha,ha) .There was nothing else there and I think it takes you a minute -you know-to realize whether did you in fact leave the bicycle at that location or you spaced out or something like that , so it takes a few minutes and then you realize that your bike is gone. There is definitely a personal affront -you know- feeling like it is some sort of personal attack , even though it is totally not. When you buy a bike -you know- you totally appreciate that it is like a circular method-you know- you buy it and then it gets stolen . Then you buy another one and so-you know- I think you try to just enjoy the one that you have while you have it.

2 comments:

Isabel said...

Someone stole my bike once. It was a new one, I left it in the garage, chained to a column. When I went for it I found the column and the chain cut. I spent three hours at the police station, but I never saw my bike again.

Isabel said...

PD.- I bought another one, second hand.