Monday, April 16, 2012

We Love You, Iran and Israel

Internet in general and the social networks in particular have proven to be very powerful tools to inform and organize people. Facebook and Twitter played a big role in mobilizing people during the Arab revolts of last year. Here’s a new initiative by an Israeli man called Iranians, We Love You to foment peace between the two nations. 



Hi, I’m Ronnie. I’m 41 years old. I’m a father. I’m a graphic designer. I’m a teacher. I’m a citizen of Israel and I need your help. Lately, in the news, you can hear about a war coming, a big one. The government is talking about destruction, self-defense, like this war is not about us.

Three days ago, I posted posters in Facebook. The message was simple: Iranians, we will never bomb your country, we love you. Attached to the poster, I wrote a few words: To the Iranian people, to all fathers, mothers, children, brothers and sisters. For there to be a war between us, first we must be afraid of each other. We must hate. I’m not afraid of you. I don’t hate you. I don’t even know you. No Iranian ever did me any wrong. I never even met any Iranians, just one in Paris in a museum, nice dude. I sometimes see here on TV, an Iranian, he’s talking about war. I’m sure he doesn’t represent all of the people of Iran. If you see someone on your TV talking about bombing, be sure he does not represent all the people of Israel.

So within 24 hours, people started sharing the poster on their Facebook. Within 48 hours, the Iranian people start responding to the poster, and share back their love to us. Hundreds of message arriving from Iran telling the Israeli people telling the Israeli people, we love you back. The day after, we were on TV and in newspapers, proving that the message was travelling, travelling fast. Okay, now we want to make sure that the message reaches everyone, not only in the Facebook community but everywhere. This is a message by the people to the people. So please donate and help us spread the message. Thank you.

No comments: